It is said that coconut water is the purest liquid in nature after water. Coconut water has innumerable health benefits that most of us are unaware of.
- Coconut water is known to help in regulating the body's temperature and keeping it cool...hence an excellent drink in summer.
- It is known to be a healthy electrolyte liquid as it contains no cholesterol. It is low in calories and fat, and a good balance of potassium, calcium and sodium. It re hydrates the body well when consumed.
- It reduces urinary problems.
- It also contains lauric acid which is beneficial in treating digestive and intestinal problems.
- People who suffer from kidney stones are advised to drink coconut water as it helps in breaking down of the kidney stones and help to flush them out.
- It is also beneficial when one is suffering from malaria, typhoid fevers and vomiting. Coconut water supplies the body with essential nutrients.
- Coconut water is good for controlling diabetes.
- It is also a great way to detox one's body.
- Coconut water is said to be a good hangover remedy.
Majority of the population are unaware of these health benifits and limit themselves to drinking coconut water either when they are hospitalised for the purpose of recovery or sharing a coconut with a loved one on a beach. One should drink it regularly.
Image - Photobucket
Source of information - Bombay Times.