... • Latest research states that bitter gourd tea elevates blood sugar levels, stimulating digestion and increasing insulin sensitivity.
• Bitter gourd tea is highly recommended to people suffering from sluggish digestion, dyspepsia and constipation.
• Since ages, bitter this tea has been used to prevent and treat malaria. Studies have also indicated that bitter melon contains anti-malarial properties.
• Bitter gourd contains compounds that are known to treat HIV/ AIDS infection.
• It contains compounds that help in regulating fuel metabolism and enabling glucose uptake.
• Fruits and leaves of bitter gourd are a good source of vitamins B and minerals such as iron, calcium and phosphorus.
• The extract of leaves is also known to shrink hemorrhoids.
• They also help in preventing and lessening cough and fever.
• Due to its antimicrobial properties, bitter gourd tea is useful for treating infected wounds. It also works well for treating roundworms.
• One research has indicated that bitter gourd tea can be used for treating sterility in women and alleviating liver problems.