Thursday, March 31, 2011
Every single evening
As I'm lying here in bed,
This tiny little Prayer
Keeps running through my head:
God bless all my family
Wherever they may be,
Keep them warm
And safe from harm
For they're so close to me.
And God, there is one more thing
I wish that you could do;
Hope you don't mind me asking,
Please bless my computer too.
Now I know that it's unusual
To Bless a motherboard,
But listen just a second
While I explain it to you, Lord.
You see, that little metal box
Holds more than odds and ends;
Inside those small compartments
Rest so many of my friends.
I know so much about them
By the kindness that they give,
And this little scrap of metal
Takes me in to where they live.
By faith is how I know them
Much the same as you.
We share in what life brings us
And from that our friendships grew.
Please take an extra minute
From your duties up above,
To bless those in my address book
That's filled with so much love.
Wherever else this prayer may reach
To each and every friend,
Bless each e-mail inbox
And each person who hits 'send'.
When you update your Heavenly list
On your own Great CD-ROM,
Bless everyone who says this prayer
Sent up to GOD.Com
I loved this mail forward and sharing with all of you...hope you'll like it too.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
- Oil your hair once in a week. Start at the roots and then gently to the ends of your hair strands.
- Post shampooing, use a conditioner to smoothen the hair. Avoid using conditioner to the roots.
- Never use a brush on wet hair. They tend to break easily.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing caps, scarves or hats.
Friday, March 4, 2011
The spices you eat daily don't just add flavour to your food - they serve a healthier purpose. You will be amazed at the health benefits that spices possess.
- Most herbs and spices help protect against chronic conditions like cancer, diabetes and even heart disease.
- Herbs like basil, parsley, oregano and thyme and spices like cinnamon, chilli peppers, turmeric, garlic boost health levels.
- Fenugreek (methi): The Fenugreek herb has been known to help reduce fever when taken with lemon and honey, since it nourishes the body during an illness.
- Turmeric (haldi): Turmeric is one of nature’s most powerful healers. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch): Black pepper is a spice that has the potential to make food more beneficial when used in various recipes.It has good anti bacterial properties and that too, without side effects. It is very effective in curing bacterial infections in mouth, colon, digestive system, urinary tract etc.
- Cardamom (elaichi): Cardamom is the “queen of spices”, it is one of the most valued spices in the world. Cardamom isn’t just healthy, it’s tasty, too.
Ground cardamom seed mixed with ginger (adrak), cloves (laung) and coriander (dhania), is an effective remedy for indigestion.
- Cumin (jeera): The seeds themselves are rich in iron and are thought to help stimulate the secretion of enzymes from the pancreas which can help absorb nutrients into the system. It has also been shown to boost the power of the liver’s ability to detoxify the human body.
Researchers say that using seasonings in your food also plays a positive role in controlling your weight.Active compounds found in herbs and spices degrade with time . Store them in airtight containers that shield them from heat, moisture and sunlight.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- Coconut water is known to help in regulating the body's temperature and keeping it cool...hence an excellent drink in summer.
- It is known to be a healthy electrolyte liquid as it contains no cholesterol. It is low in calories and fat, and a good balance of potassium, calcium and sodium. It re hydrates the body well when consumed.
- It reduces urinary problems.
- It also contains lauric acid which is beneficial in treating digestive and intestinal problems.
- People who suffer from kidney stones are advised to drink coconut water as it helps in breaking down of the kidney stones and help to flush them out.
- It is also beneficial when one is suffering from malaria, typhoid fevers and vomiting. Coconut water supplies the body with essential nutrients.
- Coconut water is good for controlling diabetes.
- It is also a great way to detox one's body.
- Coconut water is said to be a good hangover remedy.