Sunday, February 27, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- SANDALWOOD POWDER
- LEMON JUICE, WHEAT FLOUR, TURMERIC POWDER
- MULTANI MITTI
Information Source ... Bombay Times
Image ........... Photobucket
Saturday, February 19, 2011
- Thyme is a herb used for culinary purposes as well as for medicinal properties.
Here is a list of the health and medicinal benefits of thyme.
- Thymol, the oil present in thyme leavesis used in mouthwashes to act as a breath freshener.
- The anti-bacterial properties make it an effectiveremedy against mucous membranes present in the stomach and lungs.
- The antiseptic properties make it an useful remedy for insect bites, burns and wounds.
- A good remedy for bronchitis, cough and cold is to have fresh thyme leaves along with a teaspoon of honey, two to three times a day.
- Thyme aids digestion and is especially useful after eating red meat.
- Women who wish to seek relief fromtheir painful menstrual cycles should eat fresh thyme leaves because they contain anti-spasmodic properties.
- Thyme oil is known to provide a soothing effect on the senses, alleviate mood, physical exhaustion and reduce insomnia by fostering good sleep.
Image ........... photobucket
Sunday, February 13, 2011
We all think eating fruits means just buying fruits, cutting it and just popping it into our mouths. It's not as easy as you think. It's important to know how and when to eat.
What is the correct way of eating fruits?
IT MEANS NOT EATING FRUITS AFTER YOUR MEALS! * FRUITS SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
If you eat fruit like that, it will play a major role to detoxify your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.
FRUIT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD. Let's say you eat two slices of bread and then a slice of fruit. The slice of fruit is ready to go straight through the stomach into the intestines, but it is prevented from doing so. In the meantime the whole meal rots and ferments and turns to acid. The minute the fruit comes into contact with the food in the stomach and digestive juices, the entire mass of food begins to spoil....
So please eat your fruits on an empty stomach or before your meals! You have heard people complaining, "Every time I eat watermelon I burp; when I eat during, my stomach bloats up; when I eat a banana I feel like running to the toilet, etc Actually all this will not arise if you eat the fruit on an empty stomach. The fruit mixes with the putrefying other food and produces gas and hence you will bloat!
Graying hair, balding, nervous outburst, and dark circles under the eyes all these will NOT happen if you take fruits on an empty stomach.
There is no such thing as some fruits, like orange and lemon are acidic, because all fruits become alkaline in our body, according to Dr. Herbert Shelton who did research on this matter. If you have mastered the correct way of eating fruits, you have the Secret of beauty, longevity, health, energy, happiness and normal weight.
When you need to drink fruit juice - drink only fresh fruit juice, NOT from the cans. Don't even drink juice that has been heated up. Don't eat cooked fruits because you don't get the nutrients at all. You only get to taste. Cooking destroys all the vitamins.
But eating a whole fruit is better than drinking the juice. If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it. You can go on a 3-day fruit fast to cleanse your body. Just eat fruits and drink fruit juice throughout the 3 days and you will be surprised when your friends tell you how radiant you look!
KIWI: Tiny but mighty. This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin E & fiber. Its vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.
APPLE: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.
STRAWBERRY: Protective Fruit.. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer-causing, blood vessel-clogging free radicals.
ORANGE : Sweetest medicine. Taking 2-4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessens the risk of colon cancer.
WATERMELON: Coolest thirst quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione, which helps boost our immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found in watermelon are vitamin C & Potassium.
GUAVA & PAPAYA: Top awards for vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high vitamin C content.. Guava is also rich in fiber, which helps prevent constipation. Papaya is rich in carotene; this is good for your eyes.
Image source ... photobucket.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
And share with you it's beauty on the days you're feeling blue
If I could build a mountain you could call your very own
A place to find serenity A place to be alone...........
If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea
But all these things I'm finding are impossible for me
I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be what I know best: A friend that's always there.
I came across this beautiful poem on friendship....I do not know who the author is.
How true it is....the gift of friendship is the only precious thing, I feel....that one can receive.
You just have one good friend, who loves you unconditionally and is like a pillar to support you through thick and thin. There are moments in every body's life when you feel low and depressed, he/she is there to give you the moral support and the courage to face and accept things. Such friends work like a band-aid on a wound...with a magic healing touch. They understand your moods and feelings and are there for you always no matter what.
But you have to be really lucky to find such friends.....others are like fair weather friends....who come and go like changing weather.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
The idea of pets is not limited only to dogs and cats. Birds, rabbits, tortoises, and even reptiles are included in the pet categories. Having pets is experiencing joy and enrichment, something that almost all pet owners swear by.
Here are some benefits of having pets:
- Pets act as a great source of stress busters. No matter how tired and stressed out you feel when you return after a long day at work, the affection that your pet gives you is bound to make you happy.
- Caressing your pets and just spending some quality time with them is known to lower blood pressure.
- Pet owners tend to lead a more active lifestyle, taking the pets for walks, playing with them and grooming them.
- Pets have the power to ward off loneliness and depression, especially for the elderly people.
- Children who grow up in a house with pets, tend to fall less prey to infections.
Source: Bombay Times.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Be strong enough to face the world each day.