- Identify your skin tones. you should determine your skin tone before going foundation shopping.
- Don't try to change the colour of your face by opting for a foundation that does not match your skin tone at all.
- Look for a foundation that will sit well on your skin. For example, if you have oily skin then look for foundations that have words like OIL-FREE , OIL-CONTROL or MATTIFYING on the labels.If you have a dry skin , then look for words like HYDRATING and MOISTURE-FREE and MOISTURE-RICH.
- Go to the makeup counter with a clean face. If you go with an 'already loaded with makeup face', it will be impossible to determine whether a foundation goes well with your complexion or not.
- Try at least three shades of foundation closest to your original skin tone.
Information Source - Bombay Times
Image source - Photobucket