The idea of pets is not limited only to dogs and cats. Birds, rabbits, tortoises, and even reptiles are included in the pet categories. Having pets is experiencing joy and enrichment, something that almost all pet owners swear by.
Here are some benefits of having pets:
- Pets act as a great source of stress busters. No matter how tired and stressed out you feel when you return after a long day at work, the affection that your pet gives you is bound to make you happy.
- Caressing your pets and just spending some quality time with them is known to lower blood pressure.
- Pet owners tend to lead a more active lifestyle, taking the pets for walks, playing with them and grooming them.
- Pets have the power to ward off loneliness and depression, especially for the elderly people.
- Children who grow up in a house with pets, tend to fall less prey to infections.
Source: Bombay Times.