Use toothpaste to repair scratched CDs and DVDs
Believe it or not, this simple dental hygiene product can work wonders for small scratches.
Here is what you have to do:
- Squirt a circle just on the outside of the inner circle. Use your index finger to spread the toothpaste.
- Lay the CD/DVD on a flat surface, and using your clean fingers gently rub the toothpaste in small circular motions
- Leave the toothpaste on for about 5 minutes
- Wash off the toothpaste with cool tap water. Make sure you get all the toothpaste off.
- Dry off the CD/DVD with a paper towel because some clothes are not always clean and can cause further damage.
(Please make a backup copy of your disc when you are trying out the first time)
Source: The Times of India